The Glow Superfood Bowls are one of my (and my client’s) favorite recipes in my book, Glow by Jenni Houston. These healthy bowls are a weekly staple in my diet because they’re not only delicious, but super versatile too! All you have to do is follow the steps in the recipe below – including foods/ingredients that work for your body and nutrition needs. Go ahead and get you glow on!
Follow these six, simple steps to create your perfect Glow Superfood Bowl:
1. Choose a clean, organic, grass-fed protein: grass-fed beef, shredded chicken, ground turkey, grilled ahi tuna, shrimp, or salmon (4 oz portion)
2. Add lots of veggies: steamed, sautéed, roasted or raw vegetables (2-3 cups)
3. Add a healthy fat: avocado, nuts or seeds, extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, or a Glow Dressing or Sauce.
4. Optional: you can include a 1/4 cup of quinoa or soaked beans or rice, if tolerated.
5. Spice it up: Add your favorite fresh or dried herbs and spices.
6. Season: with sea salt and pepper, if desired
Some of my favorite bowls are:
* I Love My Veggies: Sautéed broccoli, squash,and mushrooms with grilled chicken, toasted pine nuts with fresh arugula and a squeeze of lemon.
* Texie-Mexie: steamed garlic spinach, chopped romaine lettuce, ground turkey, diced avocado with soaked black beans and fresh cilantro.
* Under the Sea: sautéed snow peas, fresh arugula, and grilled salmon with Ginger Miso Carrot Dressing and quinoa and toasted sesame seeds.
*Warm Winter Bowl: wilted kale, shredded chicken, sautéed mushrooms, carrots, and onions with Avocado Crema.
* Yum Yum Bowl: kale (sliced into thin ribbons), shredded chicken, roasted sweet potato cubes, avocado, pepitas, and juice from 1/2 lemon