Smoothies are a quick and healthy way to get going in the morning. I hold my Glow Smoothies to a high standard and they must have the following criteria:
- They must contain a healthy fat, fiber and protein.
- They must be low in sugar (and only naturally occurring sugars).
- Only whole, real foods allowed.
- All ingredients should be organic or non-GMO.
This Coffee Superfood smoothie is my new go-to brekkie. I love the rich coffee flavor and the creaminess from the coconut milk and banana. I think you will too!
COFFEE SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup chilled, organic, fair-trade coffee (I use decaf)
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk ( I like Native Forest)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2-4 medjool dates (good fiber!)
- 1 tsp cacao power (I use Navitas)
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tsp maca powder (I use Navitas)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1-2 scoops Vital Proteins collagen protein (get it HERE)
- 1- 2 tbsp nut/seed butter (I use organic sunflower butter)
- Dash of pure vanilla extract
- Few cubes of ice
Blend all ingredients in high-speed blender and enjoy.