WELCOME TO THE WELLE METHOD
The Welle Method is a Mind I Body I Movement I Studio offering personalized trauma-informed movement coaching, nervous system regulation education, and embodied resilience coaching.
Unprocessed trauma, stress, depression, and anxiety are all experienced in the body. Weaving together embodied movement, nervous system regulation, dual awareness, and body intelligence, I help you develop a conscious relationship with your body and reconnect to (or in some cases, discover) your true, authentic self.
By understanding how your body responds to stress and how to work with these sensations and responses, you are provided an opportunity to reshape your autonomic nervous system, master your stress physiology, build resilience, be in flow, and more fully engage in your life. You will learn take-home, practical tools to support you in your daily life allowing you to shift away from old survival patterns to experiencing life with more innate capacity, compassion, and connection.
Whether online or in-person at my Welle Method Studio, in Mount Pleasant, SC, our sessions are personalized to your current physical and emotional capabilities. All sessions will unfold organically, to ensure that you receive targeted healing - tapping into the right practices, done in the right order, and with the right intention.
To learn more about working with me, how to get started, and answer any questions you may have, book a FREE, 20-MINUTE CONSULT.
IS THIS YOU?
- Do you experience anxiety, depression, and/or chronic health issues and been unable to move the needle towards a lasting solution?
- When in a stressful situation, do you have the tendency to fight, flee, freeze, or a mix of all three responses?
- Do you feel "stuck" and not able to move forward in your life?
- Do you have trouble sleeping at night and/or focusing during the day?
- Do you experience toxic relationships, self-sabotage, or lack a "gut instinct" when making decisions or setting boundaries?
- Are you doing "all the right (healthy) things", but still feel unwell?
- Do you feel burned out, overwhelmed, or exhausted?
- Have you experienced past stressful/traumatic events that you have been unable to move beyond?
If you answered YES to any of the above, you are HUMAN!
These common challenges (and many others) can be tell-tale signs of a dysregulated nervous system - aka unresolved survival stress. The good news is, you can break through the stress, anxiety, chronic health issues, and burnout and live a more empowered and connected life by healing and reshaping your nervous system. The Welle Method teaches you to recruit the power of your nervous system for healing - not just survival - and gain more regulation, resiliency, and resources to handle the ups and downs of life.
"A polyvagal approach is based on the knowledge that the autonomic nervous system is shaped by early experience and reshaped with ongoing experience, that habitual response patterns can be interrupted, and that new patterns can be created."
- DEB DANA
WELLE METHOD EXPERIENCE
- Provide you with everyday practices to nurture and support your nervous system
- Understand your unique nervous system and survival patterns, how it is currently impacting you, and how to best support it
- Help you reshape your nervous system and rewrite your story
- Learn sensory awareness to help your nervous system calm and reclaim the body’s felt sense
- Explore ongoing opportunities for "autonomic shaping” during and between sessions
- Understand your personal “window of tolerance” and how to expand it with body-based regulation tools, internal resourcing, and co-regulation
- Experience ventral vagal abundance via the Social Engagement System (being in the present, joy, openness/curiosity, compassion, connectedness, mindful, and safety)
- Understand “activation” and “immobilization” - what are these sensations trying to communicate to you?
- Create an an “inside outside practice” - pendulating from interoception (your internal awareness of body sensations) to neuroception (body’s unconscious method for detecting safety or danger) and/or exteroception (sight, sound, touch, etc) until all can be held in awareness simultaneously
- Create your personal Resiliency and Resources (R+R) Toolbox
- Scheduled time in your week where you can predictably experience co-regulation, safety, and connection to the ventral vagal system
- Learn to be with inner body sensations while remaining grounded and present
- Help you tune into your nervous system and begin to reshape your responses through various, targeted movements and practices that are introduced in session and practiced between our sessions
- Encourage the practice of home-play - rather than homework (which can be experienced as a stressor and/or trigger for the ANS), home-play offers an open invitation to implement the practices of autonomic exercises between our sessions
- Encourage the process of neuroplasticity and regulation beyond our sessions - using the BASIC (Befriend, Attend, Shape, Integrate, Connect) framework, targeted exercises and personal progress trackers help you build capacity to safely connect to autonomic responses and navigate daily experiences in new ways
- Recognize the tendency to avoid or override your body responses and instead, learn to heed their wisdom
- Support regulation by addressing the 10 Pillars of Welleness and weave in support in specific areas, as needed
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Movement for Trauma- Level 1 with Jane Clapp (in training)
- Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner (CFMP)
- Certified Nutrition Consultant from Hawthorne University (CNC)
- Certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner (FDN-P)
- Hashimoto's Institute Recommended Practitioner and Clinician
- Certified Gluten Practitioner (CGP)
- Holistic Nutrition Lab - Full Body Systems Graduate
- BioIndividual Nutrition Practitioner Training with Julie Matthews, CNC
- Metabolic Healing- Mastering Functional Lab Test Analysis
- Clinical Nutrition Mentoring with Liz Lipski, PhD, CCN
- University of Miami, Studied - Physical Therapy
- University of Delaware, Bachelor of Science, Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Jenni Houston, CFMP, FDN-P, CPT is NOT a medical or naturopathic physician, surgeon, dietician, pharmacist, or any other medical professional and therefore, does NOT diagnose, treat, cure, prevent or prescribe and the relationship between Jenni Houston and her clients is NOT that of a prescriber and patient, but of guide, educator, and client. It is fully the client’s choice whether or not to take advantage of her guidance. In order to be treated or diagnosed, she encourages the advice of a functional medicine physician. Nothing on Jenni Houston's website or documents, as well as the information received in consultation with Jenni Houston, is intended to render or replace medical advice or treatment of any kind. None of my services are psychotherapeutic in nature or a replacement for qualified mental healthcare.